This course shall deal with the theoretical and practical aspects of building a system that can model, reason, and infer knowledge for artificial intelligence.
It will cover an understanding of:
- the semantics of first-order logic for modeling problems
- transformations to clausal form, resolution, etc. to establish properties of first-order problems
- with automated theorem provers
- work with declarative logic programming languages like Datalog and prolog.
- apply different knowledge representation formalisms for modeling knowledge bases.
- apply, demonstrate, and program knowledge-based learning methods.