Welcome to the BlockChain group!
Our research and teaching program involves study, development, and application of theory and implementation techniques for blockchain and other cryptography-based distributed ledgers. Our activities concentrate on analyzing and building research prototypes around various aspects (such as programmability, immutability, transparency, permissions (private vs public), security, etc.) of blockchain ecosystem by applying mathematical theories and methods.
Major research topics of interest are:
- Modeling, verification and analysis of distributed protocols/contracts in blockchain transaction systems
- Detecting and preventing security lapses, malicious fraudulent activities within blockchain ecosystem
- Authentication, anonymity and cryptography issues
- Ease of building decentralized applications on various platforms
- Feasibility of blockchain for various industrial and governmental use cases
- and more